About the Organization:
The People is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, focused on bringing Americans together to find common ground around nonpartisan policy reforms. The People is a nonpartisan organization, and as such is looking for candidates who are able to work directly and respectfully with people from across the political spectrum without bias. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Our organization embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Role:
The Website Intern will promote the mission and work of The People and our partner organizations through our Website. You may also have the opportunity to work on additional graphic design and video editing projects, and can use this internship as an opportunity to build your portfolio. We are in the process of migrating our website from WordPress to SquareSpace, and you may be assisting us with this transition.
The People is a completely remote team, so the Website Intern must be a driven self-starter and be able to work successfully with minimal virtual oversight. This is an UNPAID internship. Please indicate in your cover letter if you intend to use this internship as a requirement for credit for your college/university.
- Present The People in a non-partisan light
- Manage The People’s website including content review, creation, and updates
- Assist as needed with transferring content from WordPress to new SquareSpace website
- Collaborate with volunteers to help with reviewing website content
- Create graphics and edit video for posting
- Track analytics and use data to grow engagement
- Ensure website security protocol is being done consistently and accurately
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate website development – creating, developing, and maintaining persons website, a plus
- Working knowledge of WordPress and SquareSpace
- Able to install and update plugins as needed
- Graphic design
- Video editing
- Detail oriented
- Self-motivated, flexible team player with a positive attitude, demonstrate the ability to multi-task and the ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Must learn quickly, thrive in an environment with competing demands and quickly changing priorities, and be able to thrive in an environment where team members are given general direction and expected to figure out the details
- Must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or equivalent, College Students Prefered
, Working Schedule:
- Flexible schedule with the possibility of working evenings and weekends as needed to make posts on platforms that don’t have a scheduling tool. This internship will be approximately 12 to 15 hours/week, with exact days and times to be determined according to your school schedule.
- All job duties may be done from home, but weekly digital meetings with the Program Manager will be required via Zoom.
- This Internship is offered from mid May – Mid August with the opportunity to extend into the fall.
Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting any applicable experience, skill, or related work to firstname.lastname@example.org