The Website Intern will support the mission and work of The People by finalizing the content migration, page building, and domain transfer of our current WordPress website to Squarespace, and then maintaining content, developing analytics reporting, and ensuring website security This is an UNPAID internship and is not stipended; however, we are happy to work with your school/institution to provide documentation confirming project work to fulfill academic credit / service requirements.
- Manage The People’s website including content, graphics, page creation, SEO, and updates
- Manage the process to move our domaine connection to our new Squarespace website
- Develop analytics reporting and tracking
- Ensure website security protocol is being done consistently and accurately
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, flexible team player with a positive attitude, demonstrate the ability to multi-task and the ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Have a basic understanding of WordPress and Squarespace including how plugins/extensions can be leveraged to extend functionality
- Demonstrate website development ability and understanding – creating, developing, and maintaining personal website, a plus
- Familiar with website design concepts – including user-centered design, information architecture, writing for the web, responsive layouts, visual design for the web, SEO, meta data, and accessibility
Education/Experience: Must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or equivalent, College Students Prefered
Working Schedule: This internship will be approximately 12 to 15 hours/week, with exact days and times to be determined according to your school schedule. All job duties may be done from home, but weekly digital meetings with the Program Manager will be required via Zoom.
Start Date : This internship is offered for three months beginning September 13th, 2021.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting any applicable experience, skill, or related work to email@example.com. Please indicate in your cover letter if you intend to use this internship as a requirement for credit for your college/university.