About the Organization:
The People is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, focused on bringing Americans together to find common ground around nonpartisan policy reforms. The People is a nonpartisan organization, and as such is looking for candidates who are able to work directly and respectfully with people from across the political spectrum without bias. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Our organization embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Role:
The Media Intern will promote the mission and work of The People and our partner organizations through our online presence including our newsletter, website and social media. You may also have the opportunity to work on additional graphic design and video editing projects, and can use this internship as an opportunity to build your portfolio with published work.
The People is a completely remote team, so the Media Intern must be a driven self-starter and be able to work successfully with minimal virtual oversight. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, and have experience with the following: video editing, facebook, twitter, instagram, linkedin, website content development, and graphic design work.
This is an UNPAID internship. Please indicate in your cover letter if you intend to use this internship as a requirement for credit for your college/university.
- Present The People in a non-partisan light
- Manage the social media posting spreadsheet
- Create content and graphics for posts and website
- Determine the need for an invite-only space on social media where volunteers can communicate. Implement if necessary
- Track analytics and use data to grow followers and engagement
- Determine best options and use of hashtags
- Increase our social media presence by following and tagging partner organizations
- Create video clips for posting on the website and social media
- Encourage volunteer participation by highlighting volunteers on social media and in the Newsletter
- Assist in creating the weekly newsletter, doing research and writing articles
- Analyze Newsletter data and determine how to increase open and click rate, reaching out to subscribers for input
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Graphic design
- Social media savvy
- Detail oriented
- Develop video editing skills
- Working with diverse groups
- Dependable, reliable, honest & trustworthy
- Self-motivated, flexible team player with a positive attitude, demonstrate the ability to multi-task and the ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Must learn quickly, thrive in an environment with competing demands and quickly changing priorities, and be able to thrive in an environment where team members are given general direction and expected to figure out the details
- Must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or equivalent, College Students Preferred
- Past experience with Graphic design programs, WordPress, Google G-Suit, Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin)
- Flexible schedule with the possibility of working evenings and weekends as needed to make posts on platforms that don’t have a scheduling tool. This internship will be approximately 12 to 15 hours/week, with exact days and times to be determined according to your school schedule.
- All job duties may be done from home, but weekly digital meetings with the Program Manager will be required via Zoom.
- This Internship is offered from May – August with the opportunity to extend into the fall.
Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting any applicable experience, skill, or related work to email@example.com