REDISTRICTING/ ANTI-GERRYMANDERING PROJECT INTERNSHIP
The Redistricting / Anti-Gerrymandering Intern will work directly with our Executive Director and will work to connect volunteers into assisting with the project as well. The intern will learn a lot about the redistricting process and what actions people can take to make sure their voice is heard throughout it. This role will involve refining education tools/resources and testing their ease of use. This is an UNPAID internship and is not stipended; however, we are happy to work with your school/institution to provide documentation confirming project work to fulfill academic credit / service requirements.
- Working with our Executive Director on our redistricting volunteer strategy and management
- Designing and developing content for our online redistricting action hub
- Coordinating organizations, volunteers, and related stakeholders on redistricting related activities
- Special projects to include research, compiling data, and preparation of summary reports
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Computer Literacy and experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office.
- Organizational and Project Management Skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively and with diverse stakeholders
- Must be 18 years old and authorized to work in the US
- High School diploma or equivalent. College students preferred with strong preference for students currently pursuing or who have obtained a degree in Liberal Arts, Communications, Political Science or a closely related field.
Work Schedule: Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed to fill approximately 10-20 hours/week, with exact days and times to be determined according to your school schedule. May be required to participate in volunteer calls outside of regular working hours
Duration: This internship is offered for three months beginning September 13th, 2021, with the opportunity to extend into the spring semester.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting any experience in community organizing, volunteer work, or skill related work or past projects/papers to email@example.com. Please indicate in your cover letter if you intend to use this internship as a requirement for credit for your college/university.