The People is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, focused on bringing Americans together to find common ground around nonpartisan policy reforms. Our organization embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The People is a nonpartisan organization, and as such is looking for candidates who are able to work directly and respectfully with people from across the political spectrum without bias. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our Work in New Hampshire
As a start-up nonprofit organization, our work is currently in a pilot phase focused on developing our model in the state of New Hampshire. Guided by our leadership team of volunteers, The People NH is founded on the belief that we must come together as a community, putting party loyalty aside, to work to fix our democracy rule by rule, reform by reform.
Interning with The People
The People is a completely remote team, so the Community Organizing Intern must be a driven self-starter, able to work successfully with minimal virtual oversight. The remote nature of the organization and our national network also requires flexibility to adjust and develop new policies and procedures based on best practices and the needs of the team.
This is an UNPAID internship. Please indicate in your cover letter if you intend to use this internship as a requirement for credit for your college/university.
This internship position serves as a Community Organizer in New Hampshire, working directly to build a network of ordinary citizens engaged in efforts for political reform. This internship does not include a stipend.
The Community Organizing intern will be working directly with our New Hampshire leadership team and National staff, and will have the opportunity to learn how to bring together diverse Americans utilizing virtual meetings, online and direct outreach tools and how to evaluate/research structural reform opportunities in a given state.
- Voter outreach digitally and over the phone
- Provide support in the design and execution of online community meetings
- Assist with presentation preparation
- Provide social media and online marketing support
- Assist with the development, execution and analysis of state based voter surveys
- Assist with creating a fun and engaging organizational culture
- Special projects to include research, compiling data, and preparation of summary reports
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be 18 years old and authorized to work in the US
- High School diploma or equivalent. College students preferred with strong preference for students currently pursuing or who have obtained a degree in Liberal Arts, Communications, Political Science or a closely related field
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Computer Literacy and experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office. Experience with databases such as NeonCRM a plus. Familiarity with Zoom
- Organizational and Project Management Skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively and with diverse stakeholders
- Community organizing experience a plus
- Must own/have access to a computer for intern project use
- New Hampshire residents / connection to New Hampshire a plus
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- “Hands on” ownership of projects, building experience in project management
- Professional development program including interaction with leaders in the democracy reform space through our guest speaker series
- This internship is not paid; however, there is the potential for academic credit
- 10-15 hours / week, with exact days and times to be determined according to your schedule. May be required to participate in planning call, which are typically once a week for 1 hour
- All job duties may be done from home, but weekly digital meetings with the National staff and weekly organization wide internship briefings will be required via Zoom
- This internship is offered for the Spring 2021 term (with the opportunity to extend on an individual basis)
Please submit a resume AND cover letter highlighting any experience in community organizing, volunteer work, or skill related work or past projects/papers to email@example.com