Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting any applicable experience, skill, or related work to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization:
The People is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, focused on bringing Americans together to find common ground around nonpartisan policy reforms. The People is a nonpartisan organization, and as such is looking for candidates who are able to work directly and respectfully with people from across the political spectrum without bias. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Our organization embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Role:
The HR Intern will support the mission and work of The People, primarily through assisting in the internal development and execution of our internship program. That includes all aspects of program design and implementation, from project descriptions and recruitment, to professional development design and program enhancements. They will also assist on a variety of human resources related projects including benefits management, employee handbooks and procedures, and review process/goal setting.
The People is a completely remote team, so the HR Intern must be a driven self-starter and be able to work successfully with minimal virtual oversight. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, be very organized and detail oriented, and thrive in opportunities to take projects from conception to fulfillment.
This is an UNPAID internship. Please indicate in your cover letter if you intend to use this internship as a requirement for credit for your college/university.
- Assist in the drafting of intern job descriptions and related social media postings
- Run lead on recruitment: managing job postings and candidate screening
- Work with the Program Manager in designing the internship program’s professional development component
- Assist in intern class onboarding and orientation
- Assist in annual benefits review
- Assist in updating and reviewing the employee handbook
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Detail oriented
- Working with diverse groups
- Dependable, reliable, honest & trustworthy
- Self-motivated, flexible team player with a positive attitude, demonstrate the ability to multi-task and the ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Must learn quickly, thrive in an environment with competing demands and quickly changing priorities, and be able to thrive in an environment where team members are given general direction and expected to figure out the details
- Must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or equivalent, College Students Prefered
- This internship will be approximately 12 to 15 hours/week, with exact days and times to be determined according to your school schedule.
- All job duties may be done from home, but weekly digital meetings with the Program Manager will be required via Zoom.
- This Internship is offered from May – December, but shorter time frame could be discussed