About the Organization:
The People is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, focused on bringing Americans together to find common ground around nonpartisan policy reforms. Our organization embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The People is a nonpartisan organization, and as such is looking for candidates who are able to work directly and respectfully with people from across the political spectrum without bias.
About the Role:
Using NeonCRM and supporting applications, this Database Management Intern will be working with the Program Administrator to develop and implement best practices in data management. This involves gaining an understanding of each aspect of The People (Volunteers, Partnerships, Events, Fundraising, etc.) to determine the data and reporting needs of each area.
The People is a completely remote team, so the Database Management Intern must be a driven self-starter, able to work successfully with minimal virtual oversight. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, and familiarity with MS Office, Asana, NeonCRM, and G-Suite is a plus. The remote nature of the organization and our national network also requires flexibility.
This is an UNPAID internship. Please indicate in your cover letter if you intend to use this internship as a requirement for credit for your college/university.
- Research and create an email newsletter template using current NeonCRM or compatible applications such as Mailchimp.
- Determine needs and create data maintenance reports
- Create Policies and Procedures for regularly occurring data maintenance
- Determine automated workflows to save time and reduce “bad data”
- Run reports and maintain and update records in the database
- Manage volunteer tracking
- Other projects as assigned
Skills And Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years old and authorized to work in the US
- High School diploma or equivalent. College students preferred with strong preference for student currently pursuing a degree in computer-science, management information systems or another relevant major in computers or information technology
- Previous Database / CRM experience including creating reports
- Able to exercise strict confidentiality
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Computer Literacy and experience with Google Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Zoom
- Organizational and Project Management Skills
- Minimum of 10 hrs/week with a flexible schedule
- The internship program will begin September 8th, 2020, and run through December 4th, 2020.
- If desired by the candidate, Internship may be extended on a case by case basis
Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting any experience in Database use, skill, related work. or past projects/papers to email@example.com